What is the interview with the reportage? The answer is no. Reportage has a scope far wider than the interview, while the interview is one type of reporting techniques.
Reporting can be defined as the process of collecting data used for writing the work jusnalistik. The object of collecting data may be humans, living beings other than humans, books, historic sites, and so forth. A reporter called the interview if the object is a human reporting.
There are several types of interviews, namely:
1. Man in the street interviews. How this is done if we want to know the general opinion of society towards the issue / problem that we wish to raise the subject of news.
2. Casual interview, also called sudden interview. This is the kind of interviews conducted without any preparation / planning earlier.
3. Personality interviews, the interview is conducted on public figures of the famous, or it could be against those who are considered to have nature / habit / unique achievement, which is attractive to be appointed as news material.
4. News interview, the interview in order to obtain information and news from sources that have credibility or reputation in his field.
For job interviews we can succeed, it should be noted these things – among others – as follows:
1. Do preparation prior to interview. Preparation involves an interview outline, mastery of the interview, the introduction of the nature / character / habits of people who want us to interview, and so forth.
2. Obey the rules and norms prevailing at the venue for the interview. Manners, the kind of clothing worn, the introduction of the norms / local ethics, are the things that also need attention so that we can adapt to the environment in which the implementation of the interview.
3. Do not argue with resource persons. Duties an interviewer is looking for lots of information from a resource, not a discussion. If you do not agree with his opinion, leave it alone. Do not argue. If should be debated, to convey the tone asked, aka do not be impressed denied.
A good example: “But if something like that is not harmful to the growth of democratic climate itself, sir?”
Better example again: “But according to Mr. X, things like that was dangerous for the growing climate of democracy itself. What is your opinion? ”
Examples are not good: “But it can not be harmful to the growth of democratic climate itself, sir.”
4. Avoid asking questions of a general nature, and make it a habit to ask specific things. This will be helpful to focus your answer resource.
5. Express a question with a sentence as short as possible and to the point. In addition to saving time, it is also intended to make no confusion digesting sources greeting the interviewer.
6. Avoid the submission of two questions in one question. This can be detrimental to our own, because the resource is usually tend to answer only the last question he heard.
7. The interviewer should smart adjust to the various resource persons character. For quiet sources, the interviewer should be able to cast the expressions anglers who make the resource “open mouth”. As for the resource persons who hooked the way, the interviewer should be able to steer the conversation for the resource persons to speak only on matters relating to the interview material.
8. The interviewer also should be able to establish personal relationships with sources, by utilizing the free time available before and after the interview. Both sides can talk about things that are personal, or other things that are useful for familiarizing themselves. This will greatly assist the interview process itself, and also for good relations with resource persons in times to come.
9. If we are interviewing a man who has a particular opponent or enemy, act as if we are his side, although they are not. As the saying goes, “Do not talk about the cat in front of a dog lover.”
10. To a reporter the press that has not been prominent, such as the campus press and so on, the biggest obstacle in the interview process is usually not the interview itself, but the process to meet the resource person. For us to meet certain sources successfully, it takes struggle and creative tips and no surrender. One way is diligent in asking to people close to the resource persons. Koreklah as much information as possible about sources, such as phone numbers, addresses villa, what time he was at home and at work, where he plays golf, and so forth.
Media Print & Electronic Media
How to obtain / gather news through reportage, which aims to gather as much data related to the work of journalism that will be created. Party that became the object of reportage called expert. These resource persons can be humans, living beings other than humans, nature, or inanimate objects. If the source of the human person, the reportage is called an interview.
Thus, there is little difference between reportage with the interview. Interviews are part of the reportage, and reportage not only be done on humans.
But keep in mind that interviews for different print media to electronic media interviews. Interviews for the electronic media are usually packaged as attractive as possible. Before the interview, often conducted briefings between the interviewer and a resource, which aims to maintain the smooth interview. This is done because the interviews to electronic media merupa his “product” individual who “sold” to viewers / listeners.
While the print media, the most important for the reader is writing that is based on reporting results, so the interview process is not important to them. Therefore, the interviews for the print media can take place without an attractive packaging or briefing of journalists with resource persons. The only preparation you need to do is to prepare journalists themselves, which includes interview material and general knowledge of the interview material. While the interview process can take place in various situations and places. Can be in the office, in restaurants at lunch, over the phone, while walking toward the parking lot, while chatting, and so forth.